Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    I did not mean any disrespect in any way shape or form with my last post. Just hate Junk But Loud speakers. Always been a Altec fan. It may have deep roots in a gerbil lover telling me all about digital when he was listening to some pe-pe 8's with a tweeter, and at the time I was running 4 way in my livingroom. (EV ST 350a tweets, 808's mids on 511's, 421h's lows and sensurounds for subs. And I have probably tested over a hundred cerwin vega 189e's by plugging them into a wall outlet with a suicide cord. (Lamp cord with two alligator clips) Hence the long cord post. What's ohm's law? 120 volts, 20 amps 6 ohms resistance=2400 watts. O.G. you have probably listened to J.B.L's where I have not, besides a test tone or a brief song on the radidio after reconing. Once again my apologies fellow members..... Have some fun in life and plug a gerbil into a wall outlet and see how long it lasts ! You'll be surprised and alot of the newer subs will pass this test with ease.......I couldn't post under 151 cause it said it was closed.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    Quote Originally Posted by LOUDER View Post
    I did not mean any disrespect in any way shape or form with my last post. Just hate Junk But Loud speakers. Always been a Altec fan. It may have deep roots in a gerbil lover telling me all about digital when he was listening to some pe-pe 8's with a tweeter, and at the time I was running 4 way in my livingroom. (EV ST 350a tweets, 808's mids on 511's, 421h's lows and sensurounds for subs. And I have probably tested over a hundred cerwin vega 189e's by plugging them into a wall outlet with a suicide cord. (Lamp cord with two alligator clips) Hence the long cord post. What's ohm's law? 120 volts, 20 amps 6 ohms resistance=2400 watts. O.G. you have probably listened to J.B.L's where I have not, besides a test tone or a brief song on the radidio after reconing. Once again my apologies fellow members..... Have some fun in life and plug a gerbil into a wall outlet and see how long it lasts ! You'll be surprised and alot of the newer subs will pass this test with ease.......I couldn't post under 151 cause it said it was closed.
    There is a lot of difference between a Cerwin Vega and a K-145.
    And while you are entitled to your opinion, I'm also entitled to tell you you are incorrect.

    I'm not one to trash a brand just because. There are plenty of garbage JBL's. But there are some trash Altecs too.

    I appreciate the clarification as you post was very rambling.

    Even regarding Cerwin Vega, there was a day that company got my respect. That day, however.was a long time ago.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    I'm not one to trash a brand just because.
    Hello Adcom!

    Of course that's based on consistent bad experience, not just because.

    And I have probably tested over a hundred cerwin vega 189e's by plugging them into a wall outlet with a suicide cord.
    I'm sure Eugene would be impressed.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    so how do unlock all the closed threads ?

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    Greets!

    What's 'locked' about it? Do you mean you can't edit your post[s]?

    GM

    edit: seems fine.
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: O.T. O.G.and Gearfreak

    @Louder, no worries from me. I got a chuckle out of it as I presumed was your intention.

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    What's 'locked' about it? Do you mean you can't edit your post[s]?
    Over the past few weeks, months (?), when I've hit the home page it has often shown that 'all' the (most recent?) threads are closed, written in bold type right next to each post entry.
    Today, no such notices. Seems to come and go?
    I imagine Louder is seeing the same or similar.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.